Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fishbone

I found this on the net - I don't know if it's copyright or not, but I trust the author will not object to me posting it here in the hope it may give some comfort.

KITTY

That sunlit patch where I used to wait for you -
I am still there, but for me it will always be summer,
That sudden draught about your ankles
Is the brush of phantom fur.

Do not grieve,
There comes a time when we all must leave
For better things.

That warm rug where I drowsed through winter's chill,
Before a fire lit to warm old pussy cat bones,
You may not see me, but I drowse there still,
No longer cold, but not really gone.

-Sarah Hartwell

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Thank you.

7:26 pm  
Blogger AL Masters said...

Love cat poetry...This is especially good.

1:55 pm  
Blogger saraarts said...

God, I hope so.

2:04 pm  

<< Home